Thread: TZ250L Pipes
View Single Post
Unread 01-06-2012, 12:08 AM
First race on the new TZ (back of the grid)

Cheers Grant. Thought I had it right and it was you but wasnt sure. Glad you thought the icgp racing was good, despite using up all the bad luck. Wonder how you found the kr350 by comparison to a tz. I remember back in the day it was said they were no quicker than the tz,s on top speed but better mid range so hence better off the corners. About what you would expect from a disc valve motor in comparison to the piston port tz. Wonder if you got the same impression of the kr. Hope your injury heals reasonably quickly Grant and if you want to you get back out racing again.
Unfortunately I had a very serious injury myself at the start of the 2010 season, and did intend racing at the snetterton icgp round in 2011 as a first outing back out on a bike. 3 laps in to the first practise session I promptly slung the bike down the road again. Certainly didnt need that crash I can tell you, but with luck come march I will be back for another go. I just keep getting older but no damn wiser LOL. Bloody adictive these tz,s. Raced my first one back in the 70,s and still looking forward to getting back out on one again.