TZ350 and 250 Discussion Forum  

Go Back   TZ350 and 250 Discussion Forum > RD/LC/RZ/TZR discussion and classifieds
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-18-2013, 05:08 PM
20th position heading into turn 1

Default Should P5 Junior and lightweight cut off dates be extend to 1983 to allow RZ's

I love my alloy framed Spondon's - they're the exact same frame as the steel Spondon just use alloy box tube instead of steel round tube.
cost a small fortune to build them mind.
see you at the Barry Sheene

Dez #77
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:28 AM
Webmaster

30th December cut-off ...... for everything P5, every class, every capacity, ALL components (apart from re-production parts) is how it should always have been.

They opened a can of worms allowing 17" rims and all the rest way-back-when in the unlimited class IMHO.

18" tyres can't handle the weight/power of a "modern" Unlimited Forgotten Era bike? Well you'll have to fucking SLOW DOWN to ride within the capabilities then won't you? Just like back in the day.

I've been out of the scene for a while now, but this still annoys me!

It could have all been so pure and simple, an affordable, authentic, level playing field for all!

.... Oh, and tyre warmers, don't get me started on bloody tyre warmers!
NOTE: There are now a handful of A5 sized copies available for sale once again. Email me at tzeggy14@yahoo.com.au Be quick!

Last edited by tzeggy14 : 02-19-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:12 PM
World Champion !!!!

there will always be a few with money and influence that ruin it for the grass roots guys, without whom there would never have been anything to fuck up in the first place.........amen

Mind you Greg i do have a spare set of tyre warmers if you are interested....
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:11 PM
Bought a TZ

just catching up with the discussion.

I think I'd have to agree with all the comments so far...the 83 on valves have no place in period 5J at national or state title meetings.........

however, at club meetings I think theres always scope for inclusion just to fill the grids...

theres heaps of RZs around and getting people on the grid is always good....I've been asked a few times by people wanting to come racing what bike they should get to start on........as LCs are getting harder to find, and TZs are just crazy for a beginner, and riding a four stroke is just un-thinkable, I've been recommending RZs or RGV250s...cheap to buy, easy to ride and maintain and reliable....as DJ hinted we have a period 6 class in WA which is starting to take off, and we also run a club class called rule 20,basically for bikes over 20 yo...so theres always a class to race in....it aint a problem really.......

if someone wanted to race a 250 or 350 valve at our club meetings in with the period 5 350s then good luck to em........I've even been encouraging our club to let the period 6 250s run in the same races as the period 5 350s....its great when they do.....

however, I stress...NOT AT NATIONAL OR STATE TITLE EVENTS.
Unread 02-20-2013, 06:38 AM
World Champion !!!!

I don't understand - ??
Its not as if there isn't a class for them already.

The P5 350 races are generally one of the better filled grids with P4/P5 250's & 350's

Can of worms i reckon - once you open the door they will expect to expand..