TZ350 and 250 Discussion Forum  

Go Back   TZ350 and 250 Discussion Forum > Later model TZ discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-31-2011, 02:24 PM
World Champion !!!!

Default Aussie P6/Pre91 250 racing

Ok as we know down here in Aus the long awaited P6 historic racing class is with us at last
This takes in bikes from 1983-1990 I am trying to get a show of hands from people who are planning to drag theres out of the shed or are dreaming about it but think its to hard and I can't get the bits!
This era of 250GP bikes was awsome with some major steps in TZ and dare I say RS development.
So come on people lets see who you are so we can get together and give it a push
Unread 12-31-2011, 08:04 PM
Yammit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyside View Post
Ok as we know down here in Aus the long awaited P6 historic racing class is with us at last
This takes in bikes from 1983-1990 I am trying to get a show of hands from people who are planning to drag theres out of the shed or are dreaming about it but think its to hard and I can't get the bits!
This era of 250GP bikes was awsome with some major steps in TZ and dare I say RS development.
So come on people lets see who you are so we can get together and give it a push
1986 rs 250 rw I think Jason might be able to help you with
numbers he had a questionaire on here before.we are in for sure .
Unread 01-01-2012, 07:51 AM
World Champion !!!!

Yeah, let's get those '80s TZs out there. I hope to have my TZ250A out for the first PCRA round at Wakefield.

I've fully rebuilt the motor over the last couple of weeks and dropped it in the frame:

I'm waiting for a few items from the US. With the confusing parts listing, I only ordered the front brake caliper seals for the big pistons, so I've ordered the small ones.

I'm converting the from the linkage YPVS set up to the 4 cable set up of the V twins. The old system was flogged out and makes it harder to remove the cylinders and equalise the powervalves, so it was a perfect time to do the upgrade.

Nobby, can you keep your eye out for a radiator? Mine's bent out of shape and trying to straighten it just crushes the fins. It'll do for now, but it certainly detracts from tidy look of the rest of the bike.

Hey John, you should dig out the V twin TZ as well. The Pre-modern 250GP bikes are now running in a more sensible grouping - with the 125GPs and 400s, instead of with the unlimited bikes. My 4DP is being dusted off as well.

Last edited by Bud : 01-01-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Unread 01-01-2012, 09:10 AM
World Champion !!!!

Very nice Lech
I finished Billys the other week and it went like a charm at the Creek
I will look around at my rads, I may have one, I will get one made for the next reverse I build (yes I have another ).
I looked at that pully upgrade kit its the way to go, the standard joint/pulley parts are really hard to get hold of.

Unread 01-01-2012, 11:07 AM
World Champion !!!!

Looks great Nobby, and glad to hear it went well on it's first outing. It must have a stock ignition on it.

Yamaha used the same powervalve servo motor from about '85 up to the 5KE versions (1RK part number), so you can swap to the dual cable pulley and bracket from a 5KE. Use any V twin set up at the cylinders for the pulley, and probably 4 of the shorter V twin cables. I can confirm once the parts arrive.

Would you have a std handlebar weight?
Unread 01-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Yammit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
Yeah, let's get those '80s TZs out there. I hope to have my TZ250A out for the first PCRA round at Wakefield.

I've fully rebuilt the motor over the last couple of weeks and dropped it in the frame:

I'm converting the from the linkage YPVS set up to the 4 cable set up of the V twins. The old system was flogged out and makes it harder to remove the cylinders and equalise the powervalves, so it was a perfect time to do the upgrade.

Nobby, can you keep your eye out for a radiator? Mine's bent out of shape and trying to straighten it just crushes the fins. It'll do for now, but it certainly detracts from tidy look of the rest of the bike.

Hey John, you should dig out the V twin TZ as well. The Pre-modern 250GP bikes are now running in a more sensible grouping - with the 125GPs and 400s, instead of with the unlimited bikes. My 4DP is being dusted off as well.
should be good fun Lech we will have both running as long as they dont both end up in the same category as 250 GP bikes as long as we get enough P6 historics to run a class it will be great . now that the Nicco
is almost ready to run we will be spoilt for choice
see you at the Island .
cheers John .
Unread 01-01-2012, 12:48 PM
World Champion !!!!

The P6 250GPs will be running with the P5 TZ350s, so you will have to make a choice between the Nicco and the RS. It's tough having too many bikes to race.

I've been busting to run the TZ250A, so my TZ350E will be taking a back seat in the club rounds. It's a pity, as the 350 is finally running and handling really well. I hope it keeps going like that at Phillip Island.

The pre-modern 250GP class is in a separate race to the P6 250s (including 250GPs), so no decision is needed on which bike to bring for this category.
Unread 01-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Yammit

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
The P6 250GPs will be running with the P5 TZ350s, so you will have to make a choice between the Nicco and the RS. It's tough having too many bikes to race.

I've been busting to run the TZ250A, so my TZ350E will be taking a back seat in the club rounds. It's a pity, as the 350 is finally running and handling really well. I hope it keeps going like that at Phillip Island.

The pre-modern 250GP class is in a separate race to the P6 250s (including 250GPs), so no decision is needed on which bike to bring for this category.
well as everyone knows I have been bellyaching about not having a decent class to race the R.S so we will be shot down in flames if we dont give it priority . so hopefully we can give the TZ .A ,s a run for their money. after spending most of our time in the shed at last P.I. Classic we
are really hoping for a decent run this year. the F model is at the back of the shed waiting for a decision on what he wants to do with it.
can never have too many two stroke G.P.s to race Lech.
hmmmm disc front end on the TR . P3 RS P6 4DP pre modern .

cheers. John.
Unread 01-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Warming up in pit lane

Nice Lech
Unread 01-20-2012, 08:54 PM
First race on the new TZ (back of the grid)

Does look great Lech, hope it all goes well, Nobby have you got a Radiator for a V Twin?.