TZ350 and 250 Discussion Forum  

Go Back   TZ350 and 250 Discussion Forum > Later model TZ discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Yammit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
They have excluded 250s in the P6 demo class

Check the PI website for the updated supp regs.
Thanks Lech, I thought I may have mis read it .

so no changes then P6 250 will still run with pre modern 250 ?? or 350 P5 .

does not help me at all .

Cheers. John.
Unread 01-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Mid-pack and gaining

Default L pipes

Hey Rod ,Would I be able to borrow those specs you have for the L model pipes you have please ? I am building up an L model ,or when I get out of hospital I will, I might be able to catch up at Phillip Island
Unread 01-04-2012, 10:21 AM
First race on the new TZ (back of the grid)

Hi Rod, I would be interested in the 250L pipe specs also if you dont mind letting us have them. I have built some L pipes for someone that were for the seel barrels, but unfortunately when he also tried them with standard L barrels although they gave good peak power they had a big hole in the mid range power . Would be interested in comparing the specs of the two different pipes to maybe get an idea as to why the seel ones gave such poor mid range power. It would be interesting in how different the porting was on the seel barrels by comparison to the standard L barrels but unfortunately it wasnt my bike so I never got to see them. Hence the only info I have is the seel pipe spec , but would be intersted in the L pipe spec for comparison.
Cheers Rob
Unread 01-04-2012, 11:33 PM
Mid-pack and gaining

Heard on the grapevine Rob ,that Exactweld make pipes that work well on the L model , Dont suppose they will shoot us some specs ?
Unread 01-05-2012, 09:33 AM

Yes ok on the exactweld pipes. A friend of mine has a set of L pipes that I think were made by exactweld. I am pretty sure he had someone copy them for him a few years back but unfortunately the copies didnt work as well as the origionals. I will have to try and remember to ask him about them when I next see him. Pretty sure the exactweld pipes were blown pipes.
Hope I am right here, but I think "tassie tz " is Grant. If I am correct you came over and rode a kr350 in some icgp rounds in 2011. Hope I am thinking of the right person but please excuse me if I have got my wires crossed so to speak.
Cheers Rob
Unread 01-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Mid-pack and gaining

Thats me even though I think I used up 2 years worth of bad luck over there It was great racing
Unread 01-06-2012, 12:08 AM

Cheers Grant. Thought I had it right and it was you but wasnt sure. Glad you thought the icgp racing was good, despite using up all the bad luck. Wonder how you found the kr350 by comparison to a tz. I remember back in the day it was said they were no quicker than the tz,s on top speed but better mid range so hence better off the corners. About what you would expect from a disc valve motor in comparison to the piston port tz. Wonder if you got the same impression of the kr. Hope your injury heals reasonably quickly Grant and if you want to you get back out racing again.
Unfortunately I had a very serious injury myself at the start of the 2010 season, and did intend racing at the snetterton icgp round in 2011 as a first outing back out on a bike. 3 laps in to the first practise session I promptly slung the bike down the road again. Certainly didnt need that crash I can tell you, but with luck come march I will be back for another go. I just keep getting older but no damn wiser LOL. Bloody adictive these tz,s. Raced my first one back in the 70,s and still looking forward to getting back out on one again.
Unread 01-06-2012, 10:26 PM
Mid-pack and gaining

Yep ,you hit the nail on the head about the KRs performance ,alot like the rotax ,more torque than the TZ , It was hard for me to adapt to the KR after only ever racing TZs ,lack of track time and trying to learn the tracksslow learner But the challenge and rare oppotunity to ride Jean-Paul KR in the ICGP was an experience that I will treasure,so if my mind ,body and wallet are good I want to do more .Back to the L pipes , if you discover anymore let us know please